Monday, March 28, 2011

Mediterranean Adventure

So let's knock this out. haha. I haven't been too motivated to get these photos up, but here they are. Africa. I was stoked. I then went. I have been. That is about how the story goes. We stayed in Tarifa which is between Gibraltar and Cádiz in Spain. It was beautiful. The place we stayed was gorgeous and great. We learned quick that was kind of too far for a backpacker, but we managed. We took a ferry to Tanger, Morocco and went on a tour.

At first it was great. We saw a lot of cool places. We rode camels - if you consider a camel standing up a camel ride. We ate a delicious Moroccan lunch and I had a beer from Casablanca. Later we endured a torturous couple of hours in a timeshare like sell-a-thon. We were separated from the group and hit with a berage of sales tactics because we are Americans. We sat and listened for 30 minutes while our tour guides friend tried to sell us rugs, and then, immediately after, we went next door where his other friend tried to sell us spices. Glad to go. Glad to be back. Awesome. Here's photos:


Sunset in Tarifa, Spain near our hotel

c

The beloved carpets. I wish I got the spices guy too.






The hotel



Snake charming. An ancient art with a modern gym-bag flare.



Tanger, Morocco



Tanger, Morocco



Love it.



Tanger, Morcco



Old fort on the beach in Spain



Our Hotel - Hotel Hurricane



I just thought the gas tank on picturesque beach was too ironic.



On the bus in Spain, looking out at Africa


Rope on the beach


So that's it. I've been on another continent. haha. It was great.



4 comments:

  1. I love your pictures David :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brother John3/29/11, 9:42 PM

    Nice Dbo. I believe that's actually an oil drum. That old fort is very cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have a talent as a photographer. All these images you've been posting have been fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks friends and Brothers. haha

    ReplyDelete