Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Granada

Alright so Granada is a cool place. After a late arrival, a late night, an early rise, 16 hours of walking to catch a 3 AM bus, I saw Granada and survived. I took some photos.

This is where Granada is (if you're like me and you don't know geography)

View Larger Map


Most of these photos are of the Alhambra. The Alhambra, from what I've been told, is a huge castle that some prince built for his girlfriend. It's huge, beautiful, and elaborate.




Catedral



Alhambra



Door. I find it funny how they cement in buildings for sale.



The rest are of the Alhambra (except the last).






























































Balloon!



The view off the terrace of our hostel. The Oasis hostel in Spain is superb - no joke. We had home-made Paella (cost a little extra) and a monstrous breakfast in a beautiful building all for 20 euro a night.

Travel with French people - they know how to enjoy themselves (smile).

Also! I met some people from SC the other day and saw some flamenco - always good times being a guiri.

Anyways. I am going to Cadíz this weekend (beach).
Blog - I'll talk to you real soon.

2 comments: